Datascience at Q. Join our team!
Our annual motto is called “The Beauty of Research”. At Q, we also believe in the beauty of data and especially the meaning of beautifully processed and structured data.
We are looking for a Data Scientist (f/m/d) who wants to grab a shirt from our research collection and is interested in several exciting tasks. Q is located in Mannheim (Germany), remote work (compatible with UTC+1) is possible.
Our wish list and tasks
- Fetch data from social media data sources via APIs and web scraping
- Exploratory data analysis
- Set up, monitor and improve data pipelines involving data validation, entity resolution and natural language processing (NLP)
- Create machine learning models for NLP: collect data, oversee labeling, train models, deploy on AWS and monitor performance
- Set up dashboards with Shiny
- Create interactive data visualizations
- Degree in a quantitative field or at least 3 years of experience working with data
- Interest in market research and social media
- Highly proficient in either R or Python, plus willingness to learn the other
- Experience with common machine learning and statistical concepts
- Experience using SQL
- Experience using Git
- Experience with a cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- German is a plus
- Experience using spaCy, web scraping or Docker is a plus
We just released a tool for an AI-based trend scanning process. Here is an introduction of our work
Who are we and what do we have to offer?
We are Q | Insight Agency, a market research company in Mannheim, Germany. Using a large variety of methods (interviews, surveys, focus groups, content analysis, workshops, social media monitoring) we deliver market insights to clients in consumer goods and pharmaceuticals. Data science is a strategic growth area. As a new data science team in an established company, we enjoy having resources and stability while remaining agile and keeping bureaucracy to a minimum.
Tech Stack: R, Python, Shiny, AWS, Snowflake, Docker
Become part of the team:
- Permanent full time (40 hours) or part time (24 to 32 hours) employment
- Work independently and have a big personal impact on technology choices and data architecture
- Work remotely or in our Mannheim office with standing desks and ergonomic chairs
- Laptop of your choice
- 28 days holiday (based on full time work) + German public holidays
- Professional development with regular feedback, goal setting and ongoing education
- Weekly team session to develop data science skills
- Opportunities to attend conferences, publish articles and give talks
- Regular team events in person
Email application in English or German that includes your CV and a short cover letter
Short introduction via video conference
Take home exercise where you will analyze a dataset using R or Python. Can be skipped if you have public projects or open source contributions.
Interview with a founder
If you would like to come to the t-shirt fitting now, we would be happy to receive your application to: